Thursday 20 May 2010

Foodie experiences this week - The Vine, Cheltenham & The Bathurst Arms, North Cerney a quick update..!

This week has been really hectic so far, however I have managed to squeeze in a couple of foodie experiences!! Sunday night was spent at the Vine in Cheltenham for dinner, which is a great venue good for meeting up with friends. I'm not completely convinced on the food though and more details will follow in my full review. Then last night after guides, I went for a very yummy country pub dinner with my dad at the Bathurst Arms in North Cerney, Cirencester. The Bathurst Arms in particular is definitely worth a visit, they have a new head chef and the menu is now uber stylish with great dishes such as pan roasted pork with spring onion mash and crispy pigs ear and slow roasted lamb shank with wild garlic mash and caramelised onion gravy. Wild garlic is one of my favourite country smells (it oddly lifts my spirits is a very healing way)!! and it was great to see this kind of local wild ingredient used in the dishes. I also spotted a wild garlic and potato soup on the starter menu, which sounded scrummy and is definitely on my hit list for a future visit. Additionally the Bathurst Arms has one of the most impressive wine cellars I have seen in the area, which for me is a real delight! I love, love, love having a great selection of wines to choose from and also the benefit of staff who know what they are going on about to help you choose! I will write up full reviews of these places very soon, however I just wanted to give you a heads up before then!

T :-))

No comments:

Post a Comment